Zero Tolerance Policy
The Practice takes it very seriously if a member of staff is treated in an abusive or violent way.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE approach to any verbal, aggressive and violent abuse and behaviour towards our Drs, staff and nursing team or other patients. Our Drs and practice staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused. To successfully provide these services a mutual respect between all the staff and patients must be in place. Dealing with people who are abusive or aggressive towards our staff and our patients, takes us away from caring for you. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients’ individual needs and circumstances. The staff understand that ill patients do not always act in a reasonable manner and will take this into consideration when trying to deal with a misunderstanding or complaint.
However, aggressive behaviour, be it violent or abusive, will not be tolerated. Abusers will be required to leave the Practice and be asked to transfer their care to another practice. In extreme cases, including refusal to leave the Practice, will result in the police being called. We have the right to refuse treatment and take further action against anyone who threatens the safety of our staff and our patients.
In order for the practice to maintain good relations with their patients the practice would like to ask all its patients to read and take note of the occasional types of behaviour that would be found unacceptable:
- Using offensive language or swearing at practice staff
- Any physical violence towards any member of the Practice Team or other patients, such as pushing or shoving
- Verbal abuse towards the staff in any form including verbally insulting the staff
- Racial abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated within this practice
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot
- Causing damage/stealing from the Practice’s premises, staff or patients
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently
Finally, we ask you to treat your GPs and their staff courteously at all times.